This is an all-day ride through some of the best of God's country and to one of the best restaurants in Gatlinburg.
Here are the specifics:
• Meet at 7:30am w/kick stands up at 8:00am SHARP (no exceptions)
• Ride via 441 through Cherokee, arriving in Gatlinburg by 12:00pm
• Eat/Cruise the Strip and back on the road by 4:00pm at the latest.
• Please RSVP by Saturday at 6:00am as we do not want to risk leaving anyone behind.
• As the weather has been choppy this summer, I am watching the forecast closely. Forecast models are looking great, however, things can change. Please watch for weather-related cancellations. Anything over 20% along the route would qualify as a NO-GO.
• THINGS to NOTE: Although there will be adequate stops for breaks/gas, this is not a "let's go antique-shopping" kind of ride. This is close to a 400 mile haul.
New riders are, of course, welcome but are cautioned that we will be riding on highways at adequate speeds and over mountain roads. For those that may be uncomfortable at higher speeds or have a hard time keeping up, we welcome you to join us on future rides more suitable for your skill and riding style. For the rest of us, it's time to "ride hard or stay home..."